This community is primarily for tea reviews and tea information. Because this is intended to be an information-centric community, some rules need to be established to ensure that visitors are able to find information quickly and easily.
1. You may not post anything about another user that is inflamatory or hurtful. You may feel free to disagree with someone, but be sure to keep your posts & responses civil.
2. You may not quote or duplicate another user's post without that user's explicit permission. If you wish to share something that someone else wrote, please provide a link to the post in question. This is actually part of LiveJournal's ToS
3. Reviews are expected to be detailed and informative. Users should not only specify whether or not they liked the tea, but also how it was prepared, the level of bitterness and flavor, why the user did or didn't like it, etc. Just because you liked something doesn't mean everyone will, so the more information you can provide about your experience, the better-equipped someone reading it will be able to decide whether or not they are likely to enjoy the tea.
4. Non-review posts are expected to be factual & informative. That is not to say that you can't post your opinions on something. However, the bulk of the post should be informative. Acceptable information includes - but is not limited to - information on tea health benefits or issues, tooth stains caused by tea, tea recipes, tea history, types of tea, tea ceremonies, tea processing, etc.
5. Tea-related questions are always welcome.
6. This is not a place to post about how your day went, or how excited you are to have just gotten a new tea, or anything else of a personal nature. If you want to post something like that, please place it in your personal journal. It will show up on the "Members" page, where those members which are interested can read it.
7. It is completely acceptable
to post a review about your experience with a particular website or store that sells tea. Again, you should try to be as informative as possible. For example, "my tea arrived to California 2 days after I placed my order", not "my order arrived quickly."
8. Comments are not
required to adhere to rules #3-7. Comments must still comply with all other rules. This includes Guestbook entries.
9. This is not an adults-only community, so profanity should be kept to a minimum.
10. This is an information-based community. This is not a commercial community. As such, advertisements are not permitted.
11. All posts are moderated. If a post does not conform to the spirit of this community, at the moderator's sole discretion, the post will not be approved. If your post is not approved, please do not complain about it in the community. If you really need to know why a particular post was not approved, please reply to this post (comments are screened) with your request.
12. The moderator reserves the right to update these rules. If the update is intended to clarify the rules, no notification will appear regarding this change. If the update results in a major change in these rules, a notification will appear in the community.
Failure to comply with any of the above rules may result in expulsion from the community. Failure to comply with rule #1 or rule #2 may result in expulsion from the community and/or legal action.last modified: 19FEB06, 01:19 PST (-0800)